[Pluto-help] A new user calls for help !!!

Davide Tassetti tasso666 a hotmail.com
Gio 15 Mar 2001 15:08:18 CET

Hi everybody !!!

I am an Italian computer user and till a week ago I was tied to my Windows 2000 Professional.
I am a C/C++/Visual C++ programmer in Windows,  I know some BASIC, PASCAL, HTML, etc..
I just dropped in the world of Linux with huge amaze and will do discover it furtherly. (I dreamt about bash! I am in love with it! Even if it is only 7 days I am using it !!!)
I have know both Win2000 and Linux Mandrake on my Laptop PC.

I know enogh about computer (I started programming Basic at 6 and I am now 21) and so I would like to learn some good tips about GNU-Linux, about which I am almost totally ignorant.
I would like to know which programs are the best to keep on my Linux system, and how to make it work best (I've seen KDE for just a few hours but I think It is a bit slow and so is for my modem connection which goes at more than double speed on my Win2000, etc..)
I would like to find some good on-line book or other stuff of interest that I could put my eyes on.

I really hope to find my way in the reply you will give me.
I really hope that GNU-Linux will become grater than great as it is and would like to give me free-help to everyone who needs it!

Thanks to everyone who read this mail till this last word !!!