[PLUTO-help] HELP! Noisly blank refreshing rows using LCD monitor with Linux RH9 and its KDE

Giovanni Giurin Giovanni.Giurin a marconi.com
Mar 9 Set 2003 15:52:37 CEST

Hi to all,
can someone answer me why I see a lot of blank blinking rows on screen each
time that Imove mouse or (worst) a window?
I use RedHat9 with KDE at 1024x768 (256 colour) and an LCD monitor Relisys
(TL535 with H:31.47-60KHz; V:60-75Hz; 16.7M dithering colours; 1024x768
pixels; 0.8 megapixels; pitch 0.297x0.297 mm; VESA DCC 1/2B compatible) and
an (old, but ok) TrioS364+ card.
The system does not recognize the monitor, so I selected the option
"Generic Laptop 1024x768 Monitor"  on system screen setup.
Reducing the resolution to 800x600 (256 colour) even this terrible effect
is reduced, but it is already present.
The terrible aspect of this situation is that I observed that this effect
does not appear if I use the same HW configuration and tha same video
configuration on Windows98 (a name that I souldn't never pronounce).
I can't belive that Linux RedHat has a function that is worse than a
Microsoft system (that I retain to be the bigger bug developed in the
history of computers).
I'm quite sure that I had some mistake.
Can someone help me?

Regards