[PLUTO-help] Installazione Gentoo

Paolo Ornati ornati a fastwebnet.it
Dom 18 Lug 2004 18:54:46 CEST

On Sunday 18 July 2004 15:00, Gianluca Di Carlo wrote:
> Salve,
> sto cercando di installare Gentoo, la versione da livecd scaricata da
> internet. Sul pc non ho la connessione ad internet, così ho scaricato il
> cd Universa che contiene tutto il sistema. Seguo passo passo la guida
> presente nella distribuzione. Quando però lancio scripts/bootstrap.sh
> per fare il bootstrap del sistema cerca di collegarsi ad internet e
> scaricare il file portage-2.0.50-r5.tar.bz2.
>
> Qualcuno sa spiegrami perchè?

Leggi bene la guida....

Da che stage sei partitio ???

Senza connessione attiva puoi solo partire dallo stage 3, ovvero dal sistema
di base già compilato. E' detto chiaramente nelle istruzioni!

Dal "Gentoo Linux/x86 Handbook":
A stage1 installation can only be performed when you have a working
Internet connection.

*Stage1* 	*Pros and Cons*
*+* 	Allows you to have total control over the optimization settings and
optional build-time functionality that is initially enabled on your system
*+* 	Suitable for powerusers that know what they are doing
*+* 	Allows you to learn more about the inner workings of Gentoo
*-* 	Takes a long time to finish the installation
*-* 	If you don't intend to tweak the settings, it is probably a waste
of time
*-* 	Not suitable for networkless installations

Stage2 installs allow you to skip the bootstrap process and doing this
is fine if you are happy with the optimization settings that we chose
for your particular stage2 tarball.

A stage2 installation can only be performed when you have a working
Internet connection.

*Stage2* 	*Pros and Cons*
*+* 	You don't need to bootstrap
*+* 	Faster than starting with stage1
*+* 	You can still tweak your settings
*-* 	You cannot tweak as much as with a stage1
*-* 	It's not the fastest way to install Gentoo
*-* 	You have to accept the optimizations we chose for the bootstrap
*-* 	Not suitable for networkless installations

Choosing to go with a stage3 allows for the fastest install of Gentoo
Linux, but also means that your base system will have the optimization
settings that we chose for you (which to be honest, are good settings
and were carefully chosen to enhance performance while maintaining
stability). stage3 is also required if you want to install Gentoo using
prebuilt packages or without a network connection.

*Stage3* 	*Pros and Cons*
*+* 	Fastest way to get a Gentoo base system
*+* 	Suitable for networkless installations
*-* 	You cannot tweak the base system - it's built already
*-* 	You cannot brag about having used stage1 or stage2

> Grazie

Ricordati che, oltre al CD Universal, ti serve anche quello con i pacchetti
precompialti! (che sono pochi rispetto al totale, ma ti permettono di avere
un sistema funzionante!)

LEGGI bene:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml

Ciao