[PLUTO-soci] nuova distro debian con kernel opensolaris

Alberto Cammozzo mmzz a stat.unipd.it
Mar 1 Ago 2006 09:29:42 CEST

http://www.gnusolaris.org/gswiki

Nexenta Operating System

NexentaOS is  a complete GNU-based open source  operating system built
on top of the OpenSolaris kernel and runtime.

It is a  result of our inspiration and desire to  build a great system
based on the best existing software: SunOS kernel and GNU software. We
use Debian - one  of the best existing software distribution/packaging
mechanisms  - to  glue the  numerous pieces  together. At  the moment,
Nexenta  is not  part  of the  Debian  Project. Our  packages are  not
present in the Debian database. We  are hoping that in the future this
will change and our packages will get their "upstream acceptance".