[PLUTO-help] kernel 2.5.9...a quando la versione stabile

Paolo Ornati javaman a katamail.com
Mar 10 Giu 2003 14:32:14 CEST

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 12:32, you wrote:
> Ciao ragazzi,
> ho visto che si è oramai alla release 2.5.9 del kernel beta, mi chiedevo

A me risulta 2.5.70... cmq la 2.6 si sta avvicinando,
questo è quello che dice Linus in proposito:

Ok,
 there's been too much delay between 69 and 70, but I was hoping to make
70 the last "Linus only" release before getting together with Andrew and
figuring out how to start the "pre-2.6" series and more of a code slush.

Whatever. The end result is a pretty big patch, although a lot of it is
due to fairly minor patches. But it's a _lot_ of fairly minor patches, as
can be seen from the changelog (also, the acorn drivers got moved around,
which always makes for big patches).

		Linus