[PLUTO-refun] Testing recent OS on ReFUN hardware

Miod Vallat miod at online.fr
Tue Sep 5 07:34:44 CEST 2006

[sorry for posting in english to this list, but have no real knowledge
of italian]

Hello,

  I have discovered Pluto very recently; as an old workstation collector
myself, I appreciate your efforts and the time you have invested in
saving these machines and keeping them in working condition.

  I couldn't help but notice that your hp300 machines (fenchurch and
roosta) are running quite old OpenBSD versions. As an OpenBSD developer
myself, and responsible for the recent hp300 developments, I would be
very interested in seeing dmesg of the forthcoming OpenBSD 4.0 on them
[if you do not want to upgrade them, could you at least boot bsd.rd?] -
especially on roosta since it seems its topcat(4) frame buffer is not
detected in the current kernel you're running on it, and this is clearly
a bug...

  If you have some spare time and Digital keyboards and mice available,
you might be interested in trying recent OpenBSD on your video-capable
VAXens as well (lunkwill and pizpot - fook's mono frame buffer is not
supported yet).

  Please keep me in cc: of any answers, as I am not subscribed to this
list.

Keep up the good work anyway!

Regards,
Miod

PS: fenchurch has a 25MHz 68040, not a 50MHz one (which never existed).
This machine is actually an upgraded 400t (which have 68030 at 50), which
is why it identifies itself as model 433 - all upgrades report
themselves as 433, regardless of them being 25MHz or 33MHz.