[PLUTO-security] Chi vuole trasmettere 1,3GB?

Stefano Callegari ste.callegari a tiscali.it
Gio 12 Feb 2004 11:27:08 CET

Il 11feb 23:42, Wolf Mosle scrisse:
> Hi Stefano,

Hi.

Sorry for my english :-)

> I found at this site
> http://lists.pluto.it/pipermail/pluto-security/2003-September/000901.html a
> discussion about an apparent memory allocation error:
>
> Sep 18 08:45:25 tecnico fam[879]: fd 4 message length 1347375956 bytes
> exceeds max of 4136.
> Sep 18 08:45:25 tecnico last message repeated 159 times

As you have read my problem was the Samba services. After I was killed
it, I haven't this problem anymore until today and, sorry, I don't
remember which was the solution.

Maybe a simple restart have reloaded a bad Samba session, I don't know
:-(

The messages was started immediately at the boot.

> We are running into a similar problem with a product written in Java when
> it is also trying to allocate 1347375956 bytes. The error happens
> repeatedly as well.

I don't know Java so I don't have any idea about it.

> Were you ever able to figure this out? Do you have any advice or resources
> that you would recommend for troubleshooting this?

Sorry, but I tell you only that if was a big problem I remeber it very
well now.

Checking my system I note only that the 13/9 I have upgraded my Suse to
version 8.2 and the 23/9 I have reinstalled Samba. The dates are non so
close to show here the problem/solution.

Also I dont't think to virus/whorm, unautorized access and so on.

> Thanks a lot for any help you might be able to provide.

I'm sorry to couldn't help you much more.

Ciao
--
Stefano Callegari
LinuxRegistered: User 248729 - Machine 133534