[PLUTO-help] Clonazione HD con distro Linux

oscar cassetti gongermino a inwind.it
Lun 14 Feb 2005 12:22:23 CET

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 09:28 +0100, Piero Salandin wrote:

> ma mi
> chiedevo se è possibile "clonare" un HD con al suo interno una
> distribuzione Linux funzionante senza dover mettere il secondo come
> disco principale e reinstallare tutto dai CD per poi copiare i file.

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/357 (non se e' disponibile attualmente)
qui e' ben spiegato io lo ho fatto una volta e funziona alla perfezione.

Da link in questione (io ho mirroraro parte del sito )
<<
Cloning linux
Cloning a running linux-system with rsync

Contributed by: Peter Schillerwein
[05/31/03 | Discuss (1) | Link to this hack]

This clones a running linux-system (really):

rsync -v -r -p -o -g -D -t -S -l -H \
--exclude /mnt/   \
--exclude /proc/ \
--exclude /tmp/ \
--exclude /home/ / /mnt/fireball/
The target-disk is /mnt/fireball in my case. We assume the target-disk
is empty at the first time. My home is on a another disk, so i skip it .
The options are:
--verbose
--recursive
--perms
--owner
--group
--devices
--times
--sparse
--links
--hard-links
# next time(s):
--delete
If you want to see first what happens, add:
--dry-run
Boot from a CD-ROM and mount the target-disk. Fix fstab and lilo.conf.
Create /mnt and /proc and set the right permissions (for this
directories). Then run lilo and reboot. Next time you run rsync, add
these option to the command-line:
--exclude /etc/fstab \
--exclude /etc/lilo.conf \
--delete
Be carefull. This procedure works with a full-blown woody (~70,000
files).

See also: man rsync